Swedeland Fire Company

Swedeland Fire Co.
609 A Street
King of Prussia
PA 19406
Ph: 610-275-0177

Delco Burn

Saturday, July 30, 2016   Volunteer's were out early Saturday morning battling high temperatures inside and outside of the Delaware County Emergency Services Training Center burn building.Thanks to the Lafayette Ambulance & Rescue Squad, Inc. for providing health monitoring and rehabilitation during the training.







     



 

Inquirer Tour

Monday, June 27, 2016   Members from Swedeland, Swedesburg and the Upper Merion Fire Marshal's Office conducted a preplan tour of the Philadelphia Inquirer's Schuylkill Printing Plant. The huge manufacturing facility is located at 800 River Road in Upper Merion.

     



 

New Recruit!

Tuesday, June 14, 2016   New addition to the Fire Service. Congratulations to Lynda and Ryan Gallagher on the birth of their son Zachary Owen Gallagher. Zachary was born on June 14th at 12:42 PM. Weighing in at 8lbs 2 ounces. 21-1/2" long. 



   


 

Bakken Crude Drill

Saturday, June 11, 2016   Volunteers were out early this morning taking part in the bakken crude derailment drill today in the Township. Multiple emergency agencies descended on the Abrams Rail Yard for the mock rail car leak and explosion. Squad 48 was redesignated as "MontCo Fire Task Force Engine-1" initiating a 5" supply line for the secondary water source from a hydrant on Hamlet Circle. All 1,500' of Squad 48's 5" was exhausted. Engine 44 (Operating as MontCo Fire Task Force Engine-2) completed the lay to a Montgomery County Hazmat Team Foam Truck. Squad 48's pump was engaged for approx. an hour and a half.

     



 

Wedding Bells!

Saturday, May 28, 2016   The Officers and Members of the Swedeland Volunteer Fire Company would like to congratulate the new Mr. and Mrs. Scott Laffredo on their unity in marriage today. Scott serves as an Assistant Chief and Erin Christunas is a Firefighter and Recording Secretary for our Company. We wish you many years of happiness together!

     



 

Kitchen Fire

Wednesday, May 25, 2016   One should never place combustible items on top of any kitchen stove, even if it is not in use. Glass top or induction stoves can be especially deceptive since there may be no visible flame, and that the glass top may stay hot and still capable of ignition for many minutes after it is turned off. Attached is a photo from the kitchen fire in Gulph Mills. In this case items were placed on top of the stove and at some point the control knob may have been accidentally bumped to the on position. Fortunately there were no injuries and the fire did not extend into the walls.

     



 

Banquet Video

Banquet Video

Friday, April 29, 2016   This linked video was shown during Swedeland's Annual Banquet. Firefighter Michael Destefano worked diligently to prepare it for our personnel and guests to enjoy

   


 

New Garage Doors

Wednesday, April 27, 2016  Station 48 recently had new engine bay doors installed. The doors were made possible by The Fire Company & Volunteer Ambulance Service Grant Program from the Pennsylvania State Fire Commisioners Office. The previous garage doors were almost 30 years old and often required costly repairs.

     



 

Dwelling Fire 200 Lincoln Avenue

Sunday, April 10, 2016 1450  Station 48 was dispatched to a dryer fire at 200 Lincoln Avenue in the Rebel Hill Section of Upper Merion. The call was upgraded to a dwelling fire sending additional units to the scene when personnel arrived to find smoke showing. Swedeland Chief Orangers established command of the incident. Quint 39 established a supply line from Supplee Lane. An initial attack was made on the fire from the rear of the dwelling were the bulk of the fire was freely venting out a window. A second attack was deployed at a side door entrance were fire was also showing. Firefighters encountered several challenges in that there was a large amount of stored materials in the ground floor area blocking any progress forward. A crew from an attack line that entered the front door was met with a flight of stairs that had collapsed. Due to the tremendous fire load the kitchen floor collapsed sending a stove and refrigerator down into the basement. A Roof ventilation team made several cuts in the roof top while simultaneously an interior crew pulled 2nd floor ceilings to extinguish the fire in the attack. No injuries were reported during the blaze. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family involved. Swedeland wishes to thank all agencies that responded to help. The fire is under investigation by the Upper Merion Fire Marshals Office

     



 

Vehicle Rescue Henderson Road

Thursday, April 7, 2016   On April 7th Personnel from the Swedesburg and Swedeland Volunteer Fire Companies, Lafayette Ambulance and Upper Merion Police responded to a Vehicle Rescue as a result of a collision that occured at 555 South Henderson Road in Upper Merion. One patient was trapped, had to be extricated with hydraulic rescue tools and was taken to Paoli Hospital.

     



 
 
 

Search for news stories :

Select Year Select Month
Select Category Enter Keyword